Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Be Grateful for the Wonders in YOUR Life!


Appreciate what you have. You may have more by way of material goods than I have had at almost all points in my life. You may have the ability to travel and to go to public performances, galleries, and parks, all too difficult to undertake with the combination of inability to transfer from my wheelchair due to balance issues and of PTSD restricting my presence in crowds.

But I have skills. My abilities to cook and to organize make up 99.9% for the deficit alluded to in the last paragraph!

And I have vision. No, I do not mean the artistic kind. I mean simply that I see to read, work at my computer without adaptive equipment, and enjoy the faces and greenery around me.

I celebrate all the other miracles of the functioning of my body and my brain.

I am grateful that I have rental assistance that means I pay less than one-sixth the cost of my apartment in a very expensive city.

I thank President Franklin Delano Roosevelt for the Social Security I live on, and President Lyndon Baines Johnson who signed into existence Medicare and Medicaid. I thank my wonderful health-care practitioners over the years.

I am thankful for my dear friends. I appreciate the love and the talents of my family. My parents gave me life and all the aptitudes that I for the short duration of my life can claim to “possess.”

I would not be me without the contributions that all my teachers and informal mentors over the years made to me.

Does this listing give you any idea of what you can appreciate in your life? Some of what I don’t have—you have! And vice-versa! Contemplate!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hang On Till Tomorrow--Your Attention Will Probably Have Deflected from the Present Despair

Hang on until tomorrow because it can’t be the same bad as it was today, even if you don’t achieve a decent day. Why? Your life is not ...