Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Preface of Gratitude


Before beginning a major series of posts on the impact of psychiatric disabilities on one’s character, I should like to thank G-d for the many miracles that He has bestowed upon me.

·         I am able to start a new book, RESPONSIBILITY (my fouth book,) and have access to the web to be able to write short segments as blog posts.

·         He has given me a loving family.

·         My many good friends include a great number who come to see me for one-on-one tea parties.

·         G-d has graced me with being able to bake well, to cater those teas.

·         He has given me the ability to read:
o   Thereby, the cooking skills that were taught to me in seventh-grade Home Economics have been honed so that I can use up (in a delicious manner) whatever groceries I happen to have on hand—useful for a person who lives on a fixed income.
o   Furthermore, that ability to read has given me pleasures of world, British, and American literature as well as skills beyond cooking, derived from taking to heart reference materials of all sorts.

·         Where would I be without the eyesight to enjoy Nature and to read? Yes, if vision is diminished or taken from me, I shall adapt, but I am so grateful to the Good L-rd for this gift.

·         G-d has apparently given me the ability to write a phrase that I am told is not unpleasant to scan.

So, to paraphrase lyricist Mr Folliott Sandford Pierpoint, I say:
                L-rd of all, to Thee I raise, This my hymn of grateful praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hang On Till Tomorrow--Your Attention Will Probably Have Deflected from the Present Despair

Hang on until tomorrow because it can’t be the same bad as it was today, even if you don’t achieve a decent day. Why? Your life is not ...